Introducing this year’s satellite events!
On Monday June 5, before you pick up your badge to join our Opening Ceremony, come participate in one of our open satellite events. Satellite events will run all day from 9 am – 3:30 pm CST in 2, 4, or 6 hour slots within our venue in San José. Lunch and beverages will be provided for all participants.
Here is a quick summary on what you can expect at this year’s satellite events:
- Participate in a hands-on online investigations training (OSINT) on countering disinformation, identify weaponized narratives, and detect online harassment (También disponible en español.)
- Receive practical guidance and support tailored to cyber communities in the Americas and the Caribbean
- Engage in fireside chats and collaborative discussions on meaningful digital participation, co-designing content policies, and building safety and trust online
- Discuss and strategize, as well as identify key milestones for the intersection between consumer and digital rights
- Join and foster the conversation about the future of A.I. governance, ensuring that global standards reflect the needs and concerns of the Global Majority
Registration is a quick two-step process, and is first-come, first-served in order to guarantee comfortable and meaningful participation. To participate in satellite events, you must make sure you are:
1. Registered for RightsCon Costa Rica
2. Registered for the satellite event you’re interested in using the sign up forms provided in the cards below