RightsCon is the world's leading event on human rights in the digital age.
Originally called the Silicon Valley Human Rights Conference, RightsCon rotated between San Francisco and another global city. Now, RightsCon is an annual event that rotates its location each year to new host cities around the world that are power centers for technology and human rights. In 2019, we hosted RightsCon in Tunis, Tunisia, and we look forward to gathering in San José, Costa Rica, in 2020.
• The first RightsCon took place in Silicon Valley in 2011, and the second, regionally focused conference in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil in 2012. Both events were sold out, with more than 400 opinion leaders from across the sector and the world attending.
• In 2014, we headed back to Silicon Valley, and for the first time, opened up conference programming to the experts: our participants. The product was a stellar program which featured 120 distinct sessions over a period of three days.
• RightsCon Silicon Valley 2016 took place from March 30 to April 1, 2016 at Mission Bay Conference Center in San Francisco, hosting 1,100+ participants from 500+ organizations and 84 countries.
• RightsCon Brussels took place on March 29 - 31, 2017, and was our first ever event in Europe. With 1,500 participants from 105 countries and 700+ organizations, RightsCon Brussels was an opportunity to meet face to face with European decision makers and help shape policies and practices that will have a lasting impact on global human rights.
• RightsCon Toronto convened on May 16 - 18, 2018, bringing together 2,520 participants from 118 countries and 700+ organizations, and marking major developments across the RightsCon program.
• RightsCon Tunis took place on June 11- 14, 2019, marking our biggest and most important event ever. With nearly 3,000 participants from 120+ countries and 700+ organizations, RightsCon Tunis brought together a flourishing global community for our first summit in the Middle East and Africa.
Keep Up to Date with the RightsCon Rundown
Get our newsletter for updates on tickets, speakers, and programming.